Friday, January 21, 2005

Canberra, the visa, some hail and the Qantas club

I flew to Canberra on Wednesday night at 11pm. What a red eye flight, it reached Canberra at 3am perth time which was 6am local time. After arriving I proceeded to the British embassy, across the road from the Airport and waited on the benches outside until they opened. A couple of hours, a few more people and some sore eyes later it was 8:50 and they let all the people in through the door. I was number A1 and after being processed after 9am and $195 later, I was told to come back at 12pm to collect my passport. It was processed and handed out just after 12pm, stoked.

I couldn't believe it , on the way to parliment house, it started to rain and then the cats and dogs started falling so I turned back. When I arrived back into the centre of town, the hail stones start. I was dripping wet and had to buy a shirt in one of the surf shops, (surf shops in Canberra, for all the surf, ha).

I went back to the airport after that and a gent I met in the morning getting a visa let me into the Qantas club, I was very grateful for that. After a bit of posh nosh and some crownies, I boarded the plane for perth.

All in all a great day because I managed to get the visa approved.

No comments: